Aspire and Achieve

Aspire and Achieve

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

After the release of GCE O' Level Results

2010 Release of GCE 'O' Level Results

On 11 January 2010, our senior members of the school received the results for their GCE ‘O’ exams. Some were nervous, some were scared, and some were excited to receive their results. Our Creative Circle members interviewed some of the seniors before they received their results.
Before the results...

One of the seniors, Dayang Sofia bte Sofian, from 4 Achieve, told the reporters about her inner feelings before the results were given out.

“Nervous,…but I did try my best,” she said nervously.

Like Dayang, Nurul Afiqah from 4 Commitment told us that she too felt nervous and tried her best. She recalled how much sacrifices she made by doing daily revision months before 'O' Levels. When asked about what she thought her results would be like, Nurul Afiqah told the reporters, “I hope that I will score at least 15 points.”

We also interviewed and Lee Chea Huay from 4 Enterprise. “I feel nervous. And I didn’t really try my best. Now I am more nervous…and I don’t know what I will get,” she told our reporters.

However one of the seniors, Nurul Rafiqah, from 4 Aspire last year, told us about her emotions differently.

“I'm feeling excited because I know I had done my best…and I hope that I will pass every subject,” she told the reporters.

Our Creative Circle members also interviewed one of the seniors’ parents. We interviewed the father of Nurul Natasya and asked him about his feeling before his daughter had received her results. “Right now I have no answer yet. I’ll be patient. I’ll have to wait. I can’t express my feelings yet,” he told the reporters.

When asked about if his daughter did her best for her ‘O’ level exams, he replied “She studied until late at night ,and I think she had worked hard and deserved good results.”

After the release of GCE O'Level results, some students were euphoric with joy while others cried tears of sadness over their results. The reporters managed to interview a few students about their feelings after getting the results. Nurain Bte Mohd Zulkepli from 4 Aspire commented elatedly that she was relieved and excited upon receiving her results.However, Faiqah from 4Commitment said that she was sad over her results which did not meet her expectations.

Besides that, we also asked them on their future plans ahead which garnered a mix reaction. Xin Mei Rennie from 4 Aspire said that,'' Maybe I want to go to a Junior College.'' Kee Li Tian from 5 Dynamic aspired to be a musician or a performer. There were some students who were still deciding on which institutions they would be heading to as they had not made up their mind. As for Nurul Syarryzan Bte Suhaimi, she really hoped that her English result would get her into a JC.

We also interviewed some of the seniors and asked them about their results, and how they managed to get good results.

Xin Mei Rennie from 4 Aspire told us that studying and hard work is the key to success. She managed to get 10 points for her ‘O’ level results.

Shaun Lee Ching Lun told the reporters that he managed to get 16 points for his results. Marvon Tan from 4 Achieve and Kee Li Tian from 5 Dynamic managed to get 16 points each for their results.

Marvon Tan, from 4 Achieve, told us that he wanted to go to a polytechnic and he did ok for his ‘O’ level examination.

Our reporters also met Jia Yi from 4 Aspire. “I had problems such as lack of sleep in order to study for my exams, and I had to miss some of my Chinese Orchestra’s practices to attend some lessons,” she told the reporters. "But it was all worth it!"

As the students were exchanging words of encouragement and congratulating one another, we would like to hear their shout-outs and messages of gratitude to the special ones. Kee Li Tian expressed his appreciation to the teachers who had put in their hard work especially Mr Joseph Teo. Jia Yi from 4 Aspire, would want to thank Mr Edward the most. ''He is very experienced in teaching and I look up to him.''

As for Zakiah Binte Ishak, she was grateful for Mdm Norhayati who showed moral support for all the subjects. On average, most students stated that they would miss the food in the school canteen, friends and teachers the most when they graduated from Evergeen Secondary School.

The key to success is hardwork. Evergreen is proud to say that there is a huge improvement in the GCE ‘O’ level this year. We even had a half day for the school on the 18 of January, to celebrate the success that our school had achieved. As EVGians, we have to Aspire and Achieve.

We would like to give our well-wishes to all the students  who have received their O'Level results and hopefully, they can live up to their dreams.

By Ayu Nafisah, Illa Haziqin, Nur Ardillah

[3 Enterprise], [3 Aspire], [3 Aspire]

No comments: